Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mt. Chirripó

So as I prepared last night and continue preparing this morning to climb the tallest point in Costa Rica; Mt.  Chirripó with three other interns I'm surprisingly not nervous nor afraid; rather, excited.  Be in prayer for safety and wisdom. It is no easy hike; but definitely one to remember!

Standing at 3,820m [12,529']; an 11 mile trail; and 7,000' of vertical elevation gain, this mountain stands as Goliath, and myself David.  I have never done any hiking/ climbing of this magnitude. Questioning whether i an physically fit to endure the grueling task ahead of me, or whether I have the appropriate gear for a trek of this magnitude.

All I know is I will try to enjoy every moment of this experience enjoying God's incredible creation.  Be looking for a few blogs and photos upon my return Monday!

Goliath [aka Mt. Chirripó]:

No comments:

Post a Comment