Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ought to be a man.

So last night we had our final Bible study under the topic "Biblical Manhood". Preparation for this study was to come up with a creative way to share the work that God has been doing in our life throughout our time here in Costa Rica.  I thought I would share the poem I wrote:

Ought to be a Man

Life full of purpose,
Life free from the curse.

Consumed man,
Trading truth for lies.

Bearing the worlds image,
Instead of Your image.

The downfall of man.

To live a life of selflessness,
Rather than selfishness.

Of dignity,
Of honor.

Doesn’t take fame in power nor greed nor pride,
But runs after God’s own heart.

That is what a man ought be.

searches for and finds,
fights and wins,
trusts and lives,
loves and sacrifices.

Lets go of the world,
Like David searching

Runs for his life,
Not to be filled with strife.

A servants heart
God planted from the start.

That is what a man ought to be.

Walking in the dust of a savior,
man’s heart truly savors.

Man can do nothing but kneel,
letting God take the wheel.

Sacrifices his life,
So to give another life.

That is what a man ought be.

Cries out to God
That he might be sought,

He utters from the top of his lungs,
Ready for his life to become undone

know me,
see me,
examine me,
test me,
investigate me,
question me,
protect me,
show me,
watch me,
have me,
hold me,
help me,
keep me,
change me,
create in me,
break in on me,
break in on me.

For he knows what a man ought be.

Chooses to love without fear,
It’s alright to shed a tear.

That man is not judged by man,
Nor shall he lift any hand.

For the true judge is the lover himself,
That truly gives of himself.

That is what a man ought be.

Builds a foundation with a cornerstone of Christ,
Leads an example for those who don’t know Christ.

Builds the house on His solid rock,
All starting when Christ went, knock knock.

It is the world that has been mistaken,
It’s by God’s strength he wont be shaken.

Power to lead and love,
Comes only from above.

That is what a man ought be.

So madly in love with you,
He has no fear in what you, the guide, might do.

But commits his life,
Through the peril he’s met.

For life comes from the one above,
And he must truly learn to love.

For love itself is Christ,
And Christ itself is love.

That is what a man ought be.

In him he finds security,
And that is 100% certainty.

That a life without Christ,
Is a life without reason.

I have thanked God for such a miraculous season.
One particular reason.

He thought me,
Then brought me,

And He has taught me,
What a man ought be.

1 comment:

  1. As I read this and thought how beautiful it was, I was struck by something our office has been talking about this week. As beautiful as I found it, how much more beautifully does our Father in heaven see it as. You have a Father in heaven smiling down at you with pride my brother!

    ReplyDelete