Wednesday, February 2, 2011

...Speechless...

I can´t even describe to you all of the things that I have experienced this past week and a half since arriving in Costa Rica.

First off, I apologize for my lack of an update. Since arriving here in Costa Rica on Sunday January 23 around 10 pm it has been a constant go, go, go, go, go. Last week we had a week of culture training, covering important do´s and dont´s about the Costa Rican culture.  We also did a few things around the eMi office to set up computers and such.  The week also consisted of opening the day up digging through God´s work. We worked our way through the book of Romans, looking at everything that Paul had to say in his loooong letter.

Last Monday I met my Costa Rican (Tico) family that I will be living with for the next 6 months. What an amazing blessing this family is. My Tico parents Edgar and Ana and my three younger tico siblings Esteban (11), Andres (10), and Anamaria ( just turned 6 yesterday, Feb 1)`- I will try to post a picture soon!  God has blessed me so much with this family! their love for the Lord is evident. Their hearts are overflowing with love, hospitality, and many sacrifices. I will admit, it is a little weird to wake up every morning to a hot plate of eggs and gallo pinto (a typcial Costa Rican dish of rice and beans), having my clothes washed almost everyother day, and three amazing meals a day!

This past Saturday I went with Ana and Edgar to the neighboring town of Alajuera where the 3 kids had been since Wednesday at Vaction Bible School. There we helped out serve the kids snacks and sang some songs with them. It wa a great time to serve and see some amazing smiles on the over 150 kids that were at VBS.

This past Monday myself, and the other interns started Language school at a local school here in Atenas. There split up into classes by level we have been working on grammar, pronunciation, and conversation skills.  It has been rigorous and exhasuting. Going to class from 8-12 each day and having a bunch of homework to do.  I have another week and a half of language classes then on my way to Mexico for a week where I will be working on my first project.- Check for updates under the ´Proyecto numero1´tab for more details.

Keep checking back for more updates! As my schedule becomes more consistent it will be easier to update and post.

With many blessings and in Christ´s Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment