Monday, May 9, 2011

GodisLove. LoveisGod.

Throughout my life I have struggled to define love. Some say it is am emotion. Others say it comes and goes. While others say it just is.  I have wrestled with how to define what Love truly is.  Recently God has laid it on my heart to discover what true biblical love is. Here are a few things God has been teaching me:

"Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply from the heart." 1 Peter 1:22

- In order to love, I must first be purified.

"This is love for God: To obey His commands." 1 John 5:3

- I must be obedient.

"Be on your guard, stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love." 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

- I must remain faithful.

"God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in Him." 1 John 4:16

- If I am living in God and He in me, then I live in love.


"Love is

.patient
.kind
.it does not envy
.it does not boast
.it is not proud
.it is not rude
.it is not easily-angered
.it keeps no record
.it does not delight in evil
.it rejoices with truth
.it always protects
.it always hopes
.it always perseveres
.it never fails."

1 Corinthians 13:4-8


the Stand.

'For I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the one who gave it all.

yes, I'l stand, my soul Lord to you surrendered,
all I am is yours.'

My God is bigger. My God is better. My God IS love.

No comments:

Post a Comment