Friday, January 14, 2011

When the page begins to turn.

    The snowboard gear is cleaned up and put away, and the snowboard now accompanies the few others I own up in my room for the year.  It sits up against the window looking at the falling snow currently coating everything in its path.  The anticipation for something new awaits.  The bags are packed until the zipper is about to bust. And yet it still feels like there is so much to do!!  The final page of this chapter in my life is being turned, and slowly I am beginning to see the start of a new chapter.  What this chapter beholds....your guess is as good as mine!
     It just astounds me to imagine that NO two snowflakes are exactly the same. After over 3 feet of snow already this winter, not one of those snowflakes have been alike.  It got me thinking about the unique path and journey each one took to its resting place. How far did it travel? How many other snowflakes did it come in contact with? How was affected by the wind?
     In a sense I feel like my life in that similar state.  Where am I traveling to? What am I doing along the way?  How many people will I be able to talk to and make a difference in their life?  How will the 'wind' or those that are put around me help me to glorify the kingdom?  As I muse on these facts the hours, minutes, seconds begin to tick down to my departure from MSP airport to Colorado and on to Costa Rica.
   I had an amazing night last night.  A bunch of my friends set up a time to all get together and send me off and bless me on this trip.  Meeting at Applebees (an awesome restaurant!) we had some great conversations, some great laughs, good food, and most of all fellowship with each other.  I couldn't ask for such a better group of friends who encourage me, have faith in me, pour their time into me.  It's times like last night that make me realize the importance of relationships and the influence they have.  It was difficult saying goodbye last night but I cannot wait upon my return to share the stories! I'm going to miss you all.
     I'll end with this.  As the page of this chapter begins to turn and a new chapter is started I could not ask for a more supportive group of people in my life. Through all of your support financially and spiritually, I cannot be any more blessed.  Big things are going to happen and I am SO excited to keep you all updated!! Check back soon! Until then, Peace out MinneSNOWta!

No comments:

Post a Comment